24 Things To Do Before My 24th Birthday
Bless up uself!
Again, I become dragged into the cliche of writing blogs about cliche topics. Because of my friends… Well actually it was one friend in particular… and she is beaming from ear to ear as she reads this part about her. Things I do for my friends. But I love them nonetheless.
So I was pressured, re:pressured and doubly re:pressured to write this one. But anyway, here goes:
2. Write a lettter to myself and open it when I’m 40.. no 50! Open it when I’m 50.
3. Get some friends and travel somewhere, with a full tank of gas and a road map.
4. Take at least two (2) weekends off. Leave home and go somewhere, just because.
5. Learn what is my talent, and use it, to help others.
6. I honestly want to participate in a marathon, or a walkathon or something that is physically exerting. I will worry about the physical pain afterwards.
7. Drink more water.
8. Read all the books that I have started but yet to complete that laying around the house.. especially those in my room.
9. Lock my hair once and for all.
I want to improve my keyboard/piano playing abilities. And own my own keyboard too, while I’m at it. (Donations accepted) <– Didn’t get any donations.
11. Sing a solo in public (not a solo part (<< done that) a solo song)
12. Bake a pie. Did this once, in high school, I need to do it again.
14. Fall in love. I want to meet a nice guy that I can at least attempt to build a future with. And if I met him already, I hope we can build on our friendship to make it a future that is brighter, happy and fun!
15. Blog everyday for a week.. or at least 5 days out of the week.
16. Travel overseas. I always wanted to go to Barbados (you know, it whole “just imagine yourself in Barbados” slogan really resounds in my head) but with the disclosure being made nowadays about finger-rape, mi nuh too wah chance it u zimi? But there are other places I wanna go as well. Canada is shaping up to be my new focus.
17. Learn more French, especially if (since) I’m going to Canada.
I want to decide what exactly I want to do my Masters in. Settle my mind.
19. Sleep in my car one night… Because I have to.
I want to get in better physical shape.
Renew my passport and get a Canadian Visa. (I know these are two (2) things but I think separating them would be cheating)
Paint my room. This is a big thing, you wouldn’t even understand.
I want to be happy. Not happy sometimes, or having spurts of happiness. I want to be truly happy with myself, my life, my relationships and with my God.
24. Look back and celebrate the past 22 years, where I have come from and what I have achieved, and prepare for the next 3 years before I turn 25… GOSH the numbers getting big.
24?! DAMN!! I’m getting old!! I should put in the list “To stock up on Depend”
So… I have roughly 11 months to acheive these goals.. Lemme get at it…
As simple as these things might seem, I’m so boring and lackluster that it might just end right here. *sigh
Walk good and walk with pride.